If you have an annual subscription from findmespot.com then you need to set up an XML Feed for MAProgress to be able to retrieve your tracking data.
What is an XML Feed? An XML Feed allows us to get the latest locations from your Spot. When setup correctly, MAProgress retrieves the data every few minutes from your XML Feed, stores it in our own database, and immediately updates the map for anyone viewing.
To set up an XML Feed follow the steps below:
- Login to your account at myaccount.findmespot.com (opens in a new window)
- Enter your username and password
- Click on the Login button, you will be taken to your account summary
- Click on the SETTINGS & BILLINGS link at the top right
- Click on the orange XML FEED VIEW/EDIT button near the bottom of the page
- Click on the CREATE XML FEED button
- In the "XML Feed Name" box enter a name (this can be anything you like)
- In the Devices box make sure the SPOT device you want to connect to MAProgress is selected (by default all devices are), we recommend creating a separate XML Feed for each device
- Make sure all the messages are ticked beside "Location Messages to Share" - especially "Unlimited Track"
- Set "Share GPS Locations from the Last" to "7 Days (recommended)"
- Set "Share Message Detail" if you want the message text you set in the device's message profile to display in MAProgress (optional)
- If you would prefer viewers and MAProgress to enter a password to view your tracking select "Make XML page private" in "Security". If private, enter the password you would like to use, this password will also be used in MAProgress - please do not use a password you would use elsewhere
- Click on the orange CREATE button
- Once the XML feed has been created, click on the View Details link beside the XML Feed. A box will display with "Your XML Feed ID:", copy this 33 character code to the clipboard (double-click to select, then press Ctrl+C)
- In the MAProgress device page, paste (Ctrl+V) the XML Feed ID